The Senate District 44 Republican Party of Minnesota (“Senate District 44 Republicans”) will be having a Convention on March 21, 2020, of its recently-elected-at-caucus (February 25, 2020) precinct delegates and alternates. (Caucus-elected delegates and alternates will be receiving a separate Convention “call” later in March.)
Republicans in Senate District 44 other than our recently elected precinct delegates and alternates are also welcome to attend this Convention and, for example, run to be a delegate or alternate to the Republican Party’s Congressional District 3 Convention and State Convention. Such attendees will be considered welcome “guests” at this Convention, BUT they cannot otherwise participate in or vote on any actions required of the Senate District 44 Republicans’ Convention’s respective delegates or alternates. Moreover, all guests WILL BE REQUIRED TO REGISTER FOR THE CONVENTION AND PAY A FEE TO ATTEND AS “GUESTS”:
WHERE: Wayzata Central Middle School (Cafeteria)
305 Vicksburg Lane North
Plymouth, MN 55447
WHEN: Saturday, March 21, 2020, at 9:00 A.M.
(Registration will open at 8:00 A.M. and will close at 9:30 A.M.)
COST: The registration fee is $50.
Delegates, alternates, and “guests” may pay online with PayPal in advance through our website (click here to pay online) or by cash or check at the door.
Subject to other decisions and changes that may yet be considered, developed, and finalized by the Senate District 44 Republicans’ Executive Committee, the general purposes of this upcoming Senate District 44 Republicans’ Convention will be as follows:
- Elect Republican delegates and alternates to the Minnesota Republican Party’s respective Congressional District 3 and State conventions;
- Vote on resolutions to potentially change the Minnesota Republican Party’s platform and to move them forward to be considered at the Congressional District 3 (and possibly State) convention;
- Address any changes to (or approve the re-adoption of the existing) Senate District 44 Republicans’ Constitution;
- Nominate and endorse, respectively, Republican candidate(s) for:
- State Senator – Minnesota Senate District 44;
- State House Representative – Minnesota House District 44A; and
- State House Representative – Minnesota House District 44B;
all of which the elected positions above are fully within the boundaries of Senate District 44 and with respect to whom the Senate District 44 Republicans may issue an endorsement; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, that any such candidate(s) seeking to be nominated and endorsed at this Convention must satisfy ALL of the following pre-conditions:
- Declare their respective candidacy and desire to be endorsed by the Senate District 44 Republicans;
- Notify the SENATE DISTRICT 44 REPUBLICANS (ATTENTION: EXECUTIVE/RECRUITMENT COMMITTEE) of their respective declaration and desire in writing (via email notification at firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. mail notification at 3500 Vicksburg Lane North, #167, Plymouth, MN 55447);
- Deliver such notification to the SENATE DISTRICT 44 REPUBLICANS BY NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT, MARCH 10, 2020 – i.e., notification must be received on or before 11:59, p.m., Central Standard Time, March 10, 2020; and
- Meet with the Senate District 44 Republicans’ Nominating Committee prior to MARCH 21, 2020, through methods, places, and times as may be established by the Senate District 44 Nominating Committee.
- Conduct any other business coming before the Senate District 44 Republicans.
This is another great opportunity for Republicans to get involved and learn about the Republican Party political process!!
We look forward to seeing a great Convention crowd on March 21, 2020!!
Prepared and paid for by Senate District 44 Republican Party of Minnesota, 3500 Vicksburg Lane North, #167, Plymouth, MN 55447.